Works In Progress

Project Partlet
Pattern or Source from Margo Anderson’s Elizabethan Underpinnings pattern booklet
Materiels Used Using a black wool i found at the thrift store, to match a tudor gown I’m making
Date Started January 2013
Status Unstarted
Problems None so far
Modifications None so far!

 

Project Tudor shoes
Pattern or Source Storytime! So, in July I was hanging out in my mom’s office at our arena, printing out something or another, and my Aunt nori walked in and we got to talking. I noticed her shoes, as shoes are kind of important to me. They were almost perfectly period! She has to make her own shoes because she’s got Size 3 length, and size e width. She’s never found a comfortable pair of shoes to fit. So, one thing led to another, and she helped me make a pattern for tudor shoes! I got the base idea from Shoes and Pattens Page 22, figure 32, and Footwear of the Middle Ages – Historical Shoe Designs/Front Laced Latchet Shoes, by I. Marc Carlson.
Materiels Used A random blue leather I had on hand, chrome tanned belly hide for the soles, waxed linen thread, a harness awl, and two heavy duty needles
Date Started August 2012
Status On Hold
Problems Had to restart, because i started at the toes when i stitched on the soles and that was a BAD IDEA. ALWAYS START FROM THE HEEL! lol, it’s easier to stretch the toes to properly fit than try to stretch the heels once everything’s stitched down…Mostly, I’m having motivation problems. I use ballet flats for most events because I’ve found a couple comfy ones, and wet events would be a cold for my feet in the tudor shoes. And living in washington, most events are wet.
Modifications None so far!

 

Project Shift
Pattern or Source Simplicity 2621
Materiels Used White Linen
Date Started //
Status Unstarted
Problems In the Past, this shift is a bit of a problem – The shoulders won’t stay up. I’m going to play with the back neckline, modifying to make it higher up on my neck so that this problem will be solved.
Modifications None so far!

 

Project Split Drawers
Pattern or Source Taken from a pair i already own
Materiels Used White Linen
Date Started //
Status Unstarted
Problems
Modifications

 

Project Underdress
Pattern or Source My standard bodice pattern, made Side Lacing insead of front lacing.
Materiels Used Black standard wool for the top, tropical weight for skirt. Both found at thrift store
Date Started //
Status Unstarted
Problems
Modifications

 

 

Project Overdress
Pattern or Source My standard bodice pattern, using the front pattern piece from Simplicity 2589, as well as the forepart. My own sleeve pattern.
Materiels Used beautiful curtain fabric a friend gave me, rayon brocadeing over cotton base.
Date Started //
Status Unstarted
Problems
Modifications

Leave a Reply